Monday, February 1, 2010

"There's no such thing as playing it safe..."

"There's no such thing as playing it safe. There are really only two paths the one that is right, and the one that is almost right. When you take the latter it is merely god telling you "okay, well if you really want to go that way, well, alrighty then." " Her words echoed through my mind, I wasn't afraid, I was scarcely calm. Everything was resonating. I am not sure what I was expecting to get out of this experience but this wasn't it...was it? Some would say her words were generic, this woman had given me so much in such a short amount of time, my mind was reeling. As soon as I got off the phone I thought to myself, okay-alright-I can breathe, she made sense. I quickly dialed my husband, no answer. So I dialed my mom and told her about every word (I could recall) from this intuitive counselor. I think, well I know rather, my mom doesn't believe this kind of thing. But something about the validity she gave me was calming and I was very much appreciative.

I have fears, we all do, and for the last few weeks my husband and I have been considering making some significant changes to our life, but other things were coming to fruition. Some might call these things "signs" and others "tests" the kind of thing that makes you ask are you serious or are you a dreamer and not a doer?? I didn't know which was right and I had heard this lady for months on the radio and I had done some research and was willing to pay for one of her readings to not put myself out there publicly. My husband, the realist and skeptic that he is said OK, if you really want to, but maybe you should just try to get through on the radio first. I agreed. I left it up to fate...if it rang it was meant to be but by no means was I go to hit redial for three hrs. Low and behold, it rang and was answered very quickly. I was guaranteed to be put on the air live as long as I stayed patient and on hold. I could hear the whole show and it was amazing, yet very much Sleepless in Seattle. I laughed, I cried, I rolled my eyes, I even considered hanging up until this sweet, heartbroken old man wanted to be connected to his wife who had passed. This medium knew things about their love, even about the way they slept at night that no one could possible have known...I was convinced. I was her next call. After giving her a very generic request (with all intentionality) testing to see what she would give me. Well within seconds she said and I quote "you are quite the list maker (giggle, giggle) yeah Kerri, you are kind of busted!" OK-she has my attention!

It was such an awesome experience...yes for you skeptics out there maybe she is a flake but in some ways we all kind of are. But whether it be god, a "higher power", Buddha, whatever, isn't life better knowing there is something greater than us and this out there?? And if there is and we believe this, isn't there always an operator? Food for thought I suppose. Either way...what a cool experience for me. I wouldn't say it changed me Per Se, rather allowed a little bit of stress to melt away and a little bit of validity that I am a bit crazy at times and trust that there is a path to remain on, I should continue to move forward, and to remember you have a mind and a gut separately for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment